E-commerce has a great audience nowadays among different classes. It became an easy way to buy what you want without leaving your chair. It has two types: traditional e-commerce and headless e-commerce. Here, we will explain headless e-commerce and some of its examples.
It is a website which separates front-end of the site from back-end site. this will happen by separating the presentation layer from the commerce layer which enables the retailer to introduce content easily to gain more flexibility in serving rich content and brand experiences. this type of e-commerce suits trailers because it focuses on the content of the brand. With a headless platform, the front end separated and removed and back end only still on the website. developers use API to show products blog posts or customer reviews on the users’ screen then front end developers work to present the content using any framework they desire. it adds many benefits to your business and some of the headless E-commerce platforms are:
- CommerceTools supports a modern microservice-based architecture and offers a wide range of integrations.
- ElasticPath allows template-less eCommerce to be integrated as middleware into Enterprise ERP systems.
- Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform written in PHP.
- Moltin is an e-commerce API for developers. it is a microservices solution that gives organizations the ultimate flexibility to take an experience-first approach to commerce.
- BigCommerce is a privately held technology company that develops e-commerce software for businesses.
- SAP CX Commerce Cloud is the world leader in enterprise applications in terms of software and software-related service revenue.
- IBM Watson Commerce is an e-commerce software that is enabled with AI to ensure you have everything you require to face digital disruption.
- Spryker helps companies retain access to customers across any conceivable touchpoint: online shop, mobile apps, IoT scenarios, Blockchain, chatbot and voice integrations.
Headless E-commerce Examples
As follow, some of headless e-commerce websites examples:
Oliver Bonas Magento + Angular.js front-end.
Herschel Elastic Path + Adobe Experience Manager.
Young tribe BigCommerce + custom react front-end uses BigCommerce checkout API.
Molekule BigCommerce + Vue front-end uses BigCommerce Checkout API.
Breville ElasticPath + Adobe Experience Manager.