Last updated: June 28, 2017
Welcome to Vapulus!
The Data we collect depends on the use of our Services. Some Data we receive directly, like when you create a Vapulus account, a test submitted transactions through our website, or we receive email. Some other times, we receive Data through recording interactions with Services by using technologies like cookies and web beacons for example. We also collect Data through third parties like identity verification services or financial partners.
The collection and the use of data from those different sources are essential to the ability to provide our Services and to help keep the Service safe. Data is very critical in helping us increase the safety of online payments, and reducing the risk of fraud, money laundering, and all harmful activity.
- Data we Collect
- Personal Data: Identification Data which identifies You as an individual “Personal Data”. We collect those Personal Data in many ways. Such as we collect your Personal Data when you register your business for a Vapulus account, payments made by a Customer or transactions conducted through the User’s website or their application, respond to Vapulus emails or surveys, or when the “Remember Me” feature is used of Vapulus Checkout. We receive Personal Data from some other sources, like our partners, identity verification services, financial service providers, and some publicly available sources. Personal Data does not include aggregated Data or made anonymously Data such that it can no longer be associated with a person. The Personal Data that we can collect includes:
Contact details, name, address, email address, telephone number;
Transaction and Financial Data, like credit or debit card data, and bank account information; and other personal data, like date of birth, Social Security Number or ID Number.
- Other Data. Any other than Personal Data is “Other Data”. We collect Other Data through different sources as mentioned earlier. One of these sources for Other Data is cookies and similar technologies that record Data about the use of our websites or the websites that implement our Services, and any use of our Services generally. Other Data also include:
Data of browser and device, such as IP address, operating system, device type, Internet browser type, operating system name and version, manufacturer of device and model, languages, add-ons, plug-ins, and the version of the Services You use;
Transaction data, like purchases and the amount and date of it, and payment method;
Cookie and tracking technology data, like time spent on the Service, visited pages, language used, and anonymous traffic data; and data of Company, like the legal structure of a company, product or service offerings, company records, any jurisdiction, and information submitted through the OOOPay S.A.E.
- How We Use Data
- Personal Data. We and the providers of our service use Personal Data to (i) provide Services; (ii) detect and prevent any fraud; (iii) moderate financial loss or any harm to Users or Customers (iv) promoting, analyzing and improving our products, tools, and systems. How we may use the Personal Data include:
Verifying identity for compliance purposes;
Evaluating application to use our Services;
Conducting systematic or manual monitoring for fraud or other harmful activity;
Responding inquiries, sending service notices and providing customer support;
Processing a payment, communicating regarding a payment, and providing related customer service;
For audits, and compliance with industry standards;
Developing new products;
Sending marketing communications;
Improving or modifying our Services; and Conducting aggregate analysis and developing business intelligence that enables operating, protecting, making informed decisions, and reporting on the performance of, our business.
- How Do We Disclose Data.
Vapulus does not sell nor rent Personal Data to marketers or any unaffiliated third parties. We share them with only trusted third parties, including:
- To Vapulus Affiliates. Data shared with entities worldwide that we control, controlled by us, or they are under our common control, to provide our Services. OOOPay, S.A.E. is the responsible party of the management and the use of the Data by those affiliated parties;
- To Vapulus Service Providers. Data shared with those service providers who help us providing Services. Those help us with things like payment processing (banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), data analysis, website hosting, information technology and related infrastructure, email delivery, customer service, and auditing;
- To Our Users. Data shared with Users like merchants and application providers as necessary to process payments or provide the Services. We share Data with Users about purchases made by their Customers through the Vapulus payment process;
- To Third Parties. Data shared with third parties in the event of a reorganization, assignment, sale, merger, joint venture, transfer or other disposition of any portion of our business, assets or stock including connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings; and f. Safety, Legal Purposes and Law Enforcement. Data used and disclosed as it’s necessary: (i) under applicable law, and payment method rules; (ii) to enforce the terms and conditions; (iii) to protect rights, safety or property, privacy, and our affiliates, You and others; and (iv) to respond requests from courts, law enforcement, regulatory, and government authorities, even may include authorities outside Your country.
We use technical, organizational, and administrative measuresto protect Personal Data of our Service. But of course no storage system or data transmission can be guaranteed being 100% secure. WheneverYou have any reason to think Your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if You feelthe security of Your account is compromised), kindly contact us immediately.
- Choice and Access.
In the following you will find your choices regarding the use and disclosure of Your Personal Data:
- Opting out of receiving communications. If Youdon’t want to receive any emails from us, You can always optout through the unsubscribe link in our emails. We will comply with Your requests as soon as we can. Also note, if You optout of receiving emails from us, we will still send You important administrative messages which are required to provide You with a Service.
- How You can access Your Personal Data or change them. If Youwish to review, update, or correct Personal Data that You earlier disclosed, You can do that by signing in to Your Vapulus account or contact us.
If email us Your request, kindlyclarify in the email which Personal Data You wish like tochange. For Your protection, we may implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the specific email address You use in sendingthe request, and we may need to verify Your identity before implementing Your request. We will try to comply with Your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Retention Period.
- Use of Services by Minors.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
- Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer.
- Vapulus as a Data Processor.
We may collect, use and disclose certain Personal Data about Customers when acting as the User’s service provider. Our Users are responsible for making sure that the Customer’s privacy rights are respected, including ensuring appropriate disclosures about third party data collection and use. To the extent that we are acting as a User’s data processor, we will process Personal Data in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the User and the User’s lawful instructions.
OOOPay, S.A.E. (Vapulus)
Office: +2 (02) 330-54000 / Fax: +2 (02) 334-59991
7 Algazayer Street,
Al Agouzah, Giza Governorate
Sensitive Information. Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive Data (like political opinions, religion, health, or the like) in Your emails to us.