Artificial intelligence (AI) is a term for simulated intelligence in machines. These machines are programmed to think like a human and mimic the way a person acts. it sometimes called machine intelligence.
it’s a very important science nowadays that has positive and negative effects, we will explain them in this article as follow.
Positive Effects of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence has done a lot for automation, especially in IT. AI is taking over the hard, repetitive work that’s been slowing down companies and has other benefits like
- AI helps to automate digital processes for businesses and therefore lower labor costs for businesses. This automation process can remove the mundane tasks in the workplace and allow people to take on new roles. In turn, this can improve customer experience and support services.
- AI provides tremendous opportunities for particular industries and business sectors. The use of AI in healthcare has opened a world of potential for projects such as the Cochran Protect and Inner Eye Project.
- AI has provided businesses with practical and user-friendly technology to support the everyday administration of a business. For example, AI can improve the health and safety aspects of a business through automated cameras that recognize issues that may impact on the safety of staff and alert workers to the problem and the area where the issue is.
- AI would have a low error rate compared to humans if coded properly. They would have incredible precision, accuracy, and speed.
- They won’t be affected by hostile environments, thus able to complete dangerous tasks, explore in space, and endure problems that would injure or kill us.
- Replace humans in repetitive, tedious tasks and in many laborious places of work.
- Predict what a user will type, ask, search, and do. They can easily act as assistants recommend or direct various actions.
- Can detect fraud in card-based systems, and possibly other systems in the future.
- Organized and manages records.
- Interact with humans for entertainment or a task as avatars or robots.
- They can think logically without emotions, making rational decisions with less or no mistakes.
- This can be for medical purposes, such as health risks and emotional state. Can simulate medical procedures and give info on side effects.
- They don’t need to sleep, rest, take breaks, or get entertained, as they don’t get bored or tired.
Negative Effects of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is unlikely to exhibit human emotions like love or hate, and that there is no reason to expect AI to become intentionally benevolent or malevolent. we will discuss risks of AI as following
- AI is programmed to do something devastating. Autonomous weapons are artificial intelligence systems that are programmed to kill. In the hands of the wrong person, these weapons could easily cause mass casualties. Moreover, an AI arms race could inadvertently lead to an AI war that also results in mass casualties. To avoid being thwarted by the enemy, these weapons would be designed to be extremely difficult to simply turn off so humans could plausibly lose control of such a situation.
- AI is programmed to do something beneficial, but it develops a destructive method for achieving its goal This can happen whenever we fail to fully align the AI’s goals with ours, which is strikingly difficult. If you ask an obedient intelligent car to take you to the airport as fast as possible, it might get you there chased by helicopters and covered in vomit, doing not what you wanted but literally what you asked for.
- AI can aggravate the inequalities we see today in working conditions and can also increase the gap between the wealth of countries in control of AI and those that are challenged technologically.
- it could be the loss of jobs due to the rise of robots for menial tasks that used to be jobs for real humans pre-AI. This poses a challenge for us to continue training and educating our workforce about AI-related technologies.
- Can cost a lot of money and time to build, rebuild, and repair. Robotic repair can occur to reduce time and humans needing to fix it, but that’ll cost more money and resources.
- It’s questionable: is it ethically and morally correct to have androids, human-like robots, or recreate intelligence, a gift of nature that shouldn’t be recreated? This is a discussion about AI that’s popular in the days.
- Storage is expansive, but access and retrieval may not lead to connections in memory as well as humans could.
- Robots, with them replacing jobs, can lead to severe unemployment, unless if humans can fix the unemployment with jobs AI can’t do or severely change the government to communism.
- As seen partially with smartphones and other technology already, humans can become too dependent on AI and lose their mental capacities.
- Machines can easily lead to destruction if put in the wrong hands. That is at least a fear of many humans.