PCI DSS is an information security standard for organizations that handle branded credit cards from the major card schemes. The PCI Standard is mandated by the card brands and administered by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council. the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) applies to companies of any size that accept credit card payments. If your company intends to accept card payment, and store, process and transmit cardholder data, you need to host your data securely with a PCI compliant hosting provider.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a document that sets the de facto standard of compliance for any company that accesses, stores or transmits cardholder data (CHD) and personally identifiable information (PII).
PCI DSS Requirements
PCI DSS has 12 requirements that Any organization that handles payment cards, including debit and credit cards, use it. we will show them as follow.
Secure network by following these steps.
- install and maintain firewall configuration.
- system password should be original.
Secure cardholder data
- protect secure cardholder.
- encrypt transmissions of cardholder data.
Vulnerability management The third PCI DSS focus area requires antivirus software, secure coding practices, patch management, and change control processes be in place. develop and maintain Secure systems and applications.
- Cardholder data access must be restricted to a business need-to-know basis.
- Every person with computer access must be assigned a unique ID.
- Physical access to cardholder data must be restricted.
Network monitoring and testing
- Access to cardholder data and network resources must be tracked and monitored.
- Security systems and processes must be regularly tested.
- A policy dealing with information security must be maintained.
The purpose of PCI DSS is It holds your CPU and chipset and provides a common interface for other components of the computer. A PCI slot is just an extension of this purpose. PCI stands for Peripheral Component Interface. This means that it allows you to insert expansion cards into your computer.