Before starting your business, you should follow some steps to be sure that you are in the right way. One of the things you should know is Marketing research which helps you in problem-solving and rescues your business. and then you should know that Marketing research has main and secondary methods, Here we will discuss the main methods.
Main Marketing Research Methods
It research method used for collecting data from a pre-defined group of respondents to gain information and insights on various topics of interest. it has many ways such as:
- Email survey by sending e-mails to the target audience you want. it has a higher chance of response due to the respondents already knowing about your brand.
- SMS survey This method can be used in the case of quick responses and when the survey is simple, straightforward and not too long by sending SMS.
- Post to social network this is an effective way by making a post in social media and take your customers opinion. This method is used when there is no upper cap on the number of survey responses required and is the easiest and fastest way of eliciting responses.
- Embed survey in a website this can be done while the person enters the website or is exiting it. Anon-intrusive method of collecting feedback is important to achieve a higher number of responses.
- An in-person survey is a survey method that is utilized when a specific target population is involved. The purpose of conducting a personal interview survey is to explore the responses of the people to gather more and deeper information.
It is a gathering of deliberately selected people who participate in a planned discussion intended to elicit consumer perceptions about a particular topic or area of interest in an environment that is non-threatening and receptive. Focus groups are a collective on purpose. it has many types such as:
- Two-Way Focus Group.
- Dual-Moderator Focus Group.
- Dueling-Moderator Focus Group.
- Client-Participant Focus Group.
- Respondent-Moderator Focus Group.
- Mini Focus Group.
- Teleconference Focus Group.
- Online Focus Groups.
It is the method that like focus groups. it is a survey method that is utilized when a specific target population is involved. The purpose of conducting a personal interview survey is to explore the responses of the people to gather more and deeper information.
The results are not statistically reliable, which means that they usually don’t represent a large enough segment of the population. Nevertheless, focus groups and interviews yield valuable insights into customer attitudes and are excellent ways to uncover issues related to new products or service development.
It is a systematic data collection approach. Researchers use all of their senses to examine people in natural settings or naturally occurring situations. When you observe consumers in action by videotaping them in stores, at work, or at home, you can observe how they buy or use a product. This gives you a more accurate picture of customers’ usage habits and shopping patterns. It also has some methods:
- Testing Method.
- Case Study Method.
- Cross-Sectional Method.
- Naturalistic-Observation Method.
- Laboratory Method.
- Longitudinal Method.
It is research participants in the control group typically either continue to receive existing services or receive a different intervention. The ultimate aim of randomized field trials is to help establish cause-and-effect relationships. it can help you make product modifications.