Payment Gateway is a merchant service provided by an e-commerce application service provider that authorizes credit card or direct payments processing for e-businesses, online retailers, bricks and clicks, or traditional brick and mortar. you could integrate Payment Gateway into a website by following these steps.
Integrate A Payment Gateway into A Website
Choosing a Payment Gateway
First, you should choose a payment gateway by following these steps.
- Understand what the gateway does The gateway processes the customer’s credit card information by sending the data to the gateway’s web server, which then makes the sale and sends the confirmation back to the website.
- Check with your web host a host is a web server that stores and transmits the data for one or more websites. A host can also refer to the service provider that leases this infrastructure, which is known as hosting. Cloud host. Your web host or online shop software provider may provide gateway services that you can quickly implement on your suite.
- Browse your Gateway options Some of the more widely supported gateways include
- Perfect Money.
- Pay attention to fees and conditions The payment gateway will typically charge you a one-time setup fee, a monthly fee, and then charge a small fee for each transaction processed. Compare rates to find the service that meets your needs the best.
- Sign up for a merchant account you should make merchant account and sign in. This will allow you to receive payments from the customer. Merchant accounts will typically charge you per transaction as well.
- Sign up for your chosen payment gateway after choosing the gateway you should sign up.
Integrating the Payment Gateway into a Website
After choosing the gateway and sign up you could integrate it into a website by these steps.
- Set up your website Most online retailers will use third-party software to create a web shop for their customers. that is a reusable software component developed to be either freely distributed or sold by an entity other than the original vendor of the development platform.
- Add payment methods The process for this will vary from service to service, but generally, you will need to enter your payment gateway information for each method of payment you intend to accept. it determines which cards are accepted.
- Test the gateway you will typically be provided Test or Sandbox accounts by your payment gateway service. These allow you to perform fake transactions to ensure that the payment process is working correctly. Be sure to test before making your store live.