Now, most companies train their employees on core professional skills via e-learning, it makes learning simpler, easier, and more effective. really, it has completely transformed the way in which learning is imparted to students.
Characteristics of E-learning
1- Anywhere, anytime, anyone.
The growth of the World Wide Web, high-capacity corporate networks and high-speed desktop computers will make learning available to people 24 hours a day, seven days a week around the globe. This will enable businesses to distribute training and critical information to multiple locations easily and conveniently. Employees can then access training when it is convenient for them, at home or in the office.
2- Provides reflection opportunities
Learner-centered eLearning provides opportunities for learners to relate content to their role or personal situation through thought-provoking self-reflective learning checks.
3- Effective learning
eLearning has a positive influence, It makes it easy to grasp the content. that give results in improved scores on certifications, tests, and evaluation. it enhances the ability to learn and implement the new processes or knowledge at the workplace. by help in retaining information for a longer time.
4- friendly, easy using
Learner-centered eLearning is easy to use and enables learners to take control and find what they need quickly. Learners should be able to navigate the course intuitively through course design that implements sound user experience principles.
5- personalized learning
In learner-centered eLearning, the content speaks directly to the learner as an individual rather than addressing the learning audience as a group. this helps create the feeling of a personalized learning experience and generates an emotional connection with the content.
6- Less Impact On Environment
As eLearning is a paperless way of learning, it protects the environment to a lot of extents, there is no need to cut trees for obtaining paper. As per a study done on eLearning courses, it has been found that distance-based learning programs consumed around 90% less power and generated 85% less amount of CO2 emissions as compared to traditional campus-based educational courses. With eLearning Thus, eLearning is a highly eco-friendly way of learning.
Advantages Of e-learning
- There is no hard and fast rule in eLearning
- link the various resources in several varying formats.
- the resources are available from anywhere and at any time.
- Everyone, whether part-time students or full time, can take advantage of web-based learning.
- train yourself on a day to day basis, but also on weekends or whenever you have the free time to.
- Through discussion boards and chats, you are able to interact with everyone online.
- The video instructions that are provided for audio and video learning can be rewound and seen and heard again and again if you do not happen to understand the topic first time around.