What are the advantages of using social media for companies? that there are now more than 3 billion people using social networks all over the world. And these people use social networks to interact with brands.
If you are not taking advantage of the social media, you are missing out on a fast, inexpensive and effective way to reach almost half the world’s population.
We have listed the important reasons why you should invest time and resources in social media marketing.
Benefits of Using Social Media
• Increase brand awareness since half the world’s population uses social media platforms, it is a natural place to reach new, highly targeted potential customers.
• Interact with your customers Perhaps the most important thing social media can do for a company is to offer entrepreneurs a way to engage customers in a whole new way. Social media allows you to be personal with your customers and to create a bond of trust with them. Responding to your customers’ concerns and asking for their opinions, you can increase customer satisfaction and get more traffic to your site, which further promotes your business.
• Get traffic Most people who own a business have realized how important it is to have a website to expand their reach from the ground to the vast expanse of the Internet. Social media enrich the whole experience and make it much more visible. The idea is not only to use social media for engagement but also to direct users to the corporate page of your company, which will further educate users on your work and services.
• Humanize your brand There are more than half of adults who do not trust a brand until they see “real evidence” that the brand keeps its promises. To get in touch with customers and potential customers, you must show the human side of your brand. How are you looking for the best interests of your customers and employees? Does your product really work? The ability to create a true human connection is one of the main advantages of social media for companies. We call these significant moments of the relationship. Present your followers to the people who make up your business and show how existing customers use and benefit from your product.
• Social media are free Social media can’t cost anything in terms of advertising spending if the company you’re working with is not convinced of investing budgets here. While spending money on advertising will help you reach your goals faster, often social network budgets are often wasted, while decision makers may not be convinced that the social offer a return on investment.
• Generate leads Social media offers a simple and undemanding way for potential customers to express interest in your company and your products. Contact generation is such an important advantage of social media for companies that many social networks offer advertising formats designed specifically to collect leads.
• Stay on top of the mind Most social networks users access their accounts at least once a day, according to the Pew Research Center, and many people are checking social networks several times a day. Social networks give you the opportunity to get in touch with fans and followers every time they log in. Keep your social posts entertaining and informative, and your followers will be happy to see your new content in their feeds, keeping you in the head for you to stop them when they’re ready to make a purchase.
• Increased sales a good, strong social media strategy can require an investment, but as with any advertising campaign, the ROI (return on investment) is what needs to be considered. A good social media strategy will have a positive effect on sales as it increases the overall exposure of your business, gets people talking about your business or service, and exposes your products and/or services to a far wider audience. In the end, of course, the goal is to convert the user into a customer/ sales.
When you interact with your customers and you form a bond of trust with them, this illustrates the interest in your customers and their experience and frequently translates to further sales.
• They are both in the present and in the future Social networks are growing. Facebook has reached over 2 billion monthly active users, while Whatsapp has exceeded 1 billion in 2016. There is no other way to reach many people, including Internet search engines.
• Social media is also a future-proof channel for your marketing at the moment it is almost impossible to foresee a world where social media is not an important marketing channel.
It is the softer conversion point you have. Most online marketing activities are trying to get something in return, and it’s likely that you or your client are. Regardless of whether your business aims to increase sales, increase brand awareness, increase website traffic or all of the above, you have to recognize that social network engagement is most likely the softer conversion point (or more simple) that you own.